View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherita View Post
Ok I found the c drive with the KMA files on it- I then selected all and copied, then I found my external HD (E) and pasted all the kma's in here- then went back to the c file in hoster and deleted all the contents- went into hoster and remerged the database from the (E) drive. My question is- how come when it reindexes these files it does so in the c drive again? I did notice that when I went into the reindex box, it showed the c file that hoster downloads to- do I need to delete everything in there and only leave the E drive to be seen?
Since you copied the KMA files and didn't MOVE them as Admin suggested, then the files are now in both locations. You need to delete them from the C: drive.
If the E: drive location is the only location you have your KMA files then yes delete everything except the E: drive location. You should also change the Import location so it goes to the E: drive as well.
You should not have to re-index everytime you have a show. as long as the external drive letter doesn't change then you should not have a problem.