View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Talking Bad singers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
I Can't believe this but I've heard many stories about it.

One customer told me this one. "I put my slip in and the kj told me it would be $10 to sing since he didn't know me and didn't know if I was good enough for his show."

another was not allowed to sing after his first attempted because he was not good enough.

yet another story was about a bar where if someone was bad the crowd whould boo them into never coming back.

Are these just stories or does this really happen?

Bad singers spend money too. I reallize we all like it better when everyone is singing really well, but I would never tell a bad singer no just to please the crowd. That beinging said I would tell some who is way to drunk to sing NO.

Please let me know if you run a show like this or if you know of a show where only the good singers get to sing. or you have to pay to sing unless your good.

Unfortunatly we all run into the bad singer or two I have even been told that one of our customers is only allowed a two song limit. I Have told the bar owners at all my shows if I don't have a rotation more than 10 or more singers sorry that person will more than likely sing more than two songs. THE POINT IS HE IS A PAYING Customer and a regular customer if he is there he is going to sing. However 2 songs is about all I can get folks in to sing because I have a rotation of 40 or more singers and then I also have to incoorperate dance intermissions in there for the non-singers. With that said I do know of several places where the BAR owner forbids this one person from singing that is why he is a regular customer at my shows because I run a FAIR SHOW FOR ALL. And yes when he is singing I do go out to the beer garden to save my ears from Bleeding. But come back in and praise him for a JOB WELL DONE>
XP Home 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600 TOSHIBA Satellite L25 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel 1496 Mhz TOSHIBA V1.50 SMBIOS Version 2.34 PM 256.00 MB VM 2.00 GB 250GB ex hd ATI