View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2008, 06:59 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailMom View Post
I'm a singer. Moonlighted a few as a KJ fill-in... but traditionally a singer nonetheless. I HAVE been to a show like that. I was in California, at a rather popular location, in a rather large hotel chain lounge that did karaoke. I came in about 30 mins into the 4 hour show. Never been to the show before. Someone else told me about it. It took me the better of 2 mins to pick out my song and when I turned it in, the KJ looked me up and down, put my slip in a TIME CARD PUNCH, and snarled "thanks".

Granted, I'm not much to look at, but ****-it, I'm a customer!!! After THREE hours, I still did not get called to sing, yet the rotation came and went a few times. When I asked the KJ his reply was, "I don't know you, can you even sing?!?!?!" I was sooooooo insulted, I just left.

It only takes one moment to lose a customer FOREVER. I remember the hotel and the KJ. He's out of business... and I will never stay at that hotel for employing a pig!
Glad to hear that karma got the best of him.

It never ceases to amaze me when I hear these stories. Fortuneately I've never encountered these types.

Sam