View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:45 PM

I, for one, do NOT run a show like that!! I do see things like that happen, and have been in the awkward position of being told by a club owner.."do not let that person sing again". I, tactfully.......tell them that is not how it is done. You have to take the bad with the good. My show is known for "Fast, Fair and Fun". I admit that occasionally, I have to walk to the bar or outside, to avoid my well-trained, musician's ear from being forever damaged by some rather , seriously tone def singers now and then. But, I never treat them any different than the diva's or the shining stars that grace the evening. I admit that I do encourage good singers to return, if they have not been here before, it is only good business sense; but, like you stated, the bad singers drink and spend money like everyone else. I also try to include non singers when I can. It makes the evening more fun for everyone. I am also aware of other karaoke venues that cater to their friends, of good singers, or what ever. Of course, when asked where to go sing karaoke when I am not working, I do not bad moth those shows, I merely do not recommend them. Daryl.