View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:44 AM
VIP

Re: Unable to reduce vocals

Alan - there's not much more I can add that hasn't already been said by myself and Dale. You might be interested to know that I tried removing the vocals from the You Tube song Lady. The result was that due to the enormous amount of reverb and audio effects that have been used on this recording, it was impossible to remove the lead vocal from the remaining audio. Vogone never claimed to be able to do the impossible!

My interest in karaoke is directly related to this program - which didn't exist when I started trying to remove the lead vocal or instrumental part from recordings using a $2000 hardware device called the Thompson Vocal Eliminator (I think you can still buy one if you like - in fact I have one I'll sell to you!). It was possible to eliminate the lead vocal on about 25% of the material I tried - but the quality of the audio track that I was left with was greatly inferior to what can be achieved with Vogone.

I can assure you that I have tried every hardware and and software program I could find before I came to the conclusion that there is NO other program that does as good a job as Vogone with such ease of use. If you want to buy a professional audio editing prog like WaveLab, Soundforge etc and cut and paste and fiddle about for hours/days/weeks/months to get one clean track, you might be able to get a better result - but I wouldn't put money on it! And the time & effort involved is incomparable to the ease and excellent results that can be achieved with Vogone.

Audio engineers will tell you that it is impossible to do what Vogone does!
It's close to black magic!!

BTW I have been able to remove the lead vocal from songs downloaded off You Tube - just depends on the source recording as to whether you will be successful.

In summary, Vogone can achieve fantastic results - but only on suitable recordings. There is lots more info on this subject in the Manual and on the web generally.

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1

Last edited by MikeP; March 31st, 2010 at 03:03 AM.