View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2003, 05:06 AM

ok, so the thread is moving, then I will post here as I see nothing related in other threads, but tuther's who seem to have solid systems might miss..
Further observations with 5.5 then as long as this post is:

As previously mentioned:
1. EQ doesnt work at all you can safely say. Yeah Al, I got what you got, mostly nothing happening: If you click bypass, that works: click preview, most of the time it depresses, but nothing is going down, and the machine seems to get confused. Press OK, it appears to do something, with no effect or results. Of the odd time I did get it to act, it left nothing but a horrible 3rd or odd harmonic of something whine.. But it does remove it when you ask it.. so segment went back to normal.

Admin Note: Folks, at one point EQ did work. Thus, your computer has changed, not Microeditor. I don't know what to say. If someone else doesn't have a suggestion, I don't think Bryan can as he lacks experience on Microeditor.

2. Save as WAVE was a lock up. Happened twice now.. same as described in thread. I am formatted NTFS throughout.. 20 gig straight. I use short DOS style names for projects and when saving as .SF . When saving as a WAVE, I sometimes use longer sensible names, as I have in older systems.

Admin Note:Happens twice now? This is an absolute indicator it is your system that is screwing up, not Microeditor!!! Clean your system of Windows built up garbage or replace the faulty hardware. A failure twice that is not repeatable is not a software bug.

3. The AMP ZONE is perculiar now. Before you'd mark a section of segment, hit AMP ZONE. and a pop up window flys, to allow the parameter settings. This does not happen now, you just get the ampzone shown on the segment immediately. You have to go to EDIT ZONE on the menu and type in your parameters.. then it works. Also, if you just hit amp zone, say by mistake.. an amp zone is implanted on your segment (no parameters set though) instead of a pop up that used to appear, saying.. "First you need to mark a segment, would you like to see help menu blah blah blah" If you then go and try and set some parameters... NOTHING registers... YOU MUST MARK a section first as above.
ALSO and major importance. If you adjust an AMP ZONE by sliding the markers .. after you have set it. The parameters default back to zero. Never did that before, it always maintained your settings.

Admin Note: There is a click box in each Zone Dialog box that allows you to control whether it appears or not. You or your helper has enabled this to not show the dialog box. WHEN IN DOUBT... READ THE MANUAL... PAGE 123... Setting and Loading Zone Defaults TOPIC!

4. I have degraded the screen size now down to 800 x 600 and 16 bit colour. Still the screen twitches quite a lot when you are asking it to record or come out of record...and right mouse play, so I dont think it is graphix card prob. (plus this is a 2 gig P4 and a new all fancy vid card) . I dont actually think there is any detriment, just looks like there might be and frightens you a bit.

Admin Note: I can just about guarentee the problem is your new graphics card is the culprit! When you take a working system (ME works even on older Pentium processors VERY WELL!) and install it on upgraded hardware and new video or hard drive controllers with different drives... don't expect it to work the same!!!!!!!!!!!! Good GRIEF!!! The ME software and Krystal DSP card works for the age of computers it was designed to run with. DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR HARDWARE.... AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Screen colours.. The default grey like, this bulletin board makes me sad.. durdgy.. But trying to change it seems even sadder.. impossible in fact. I have put the figures for all sorts of colours in the medit section (and outside) of the Microsnd.ini file to NO AVAIL.. In fact, I expected the default parameters to appear in the file, but ours does NOT have it. Not a mention. CAN SOMEONE POST THEIR, DEFAULT OR FAVOURED MICROSND.INI FILE HERE PLEASE, so I can see what you have. (The smaller segment size for us old blind folk is a bit hard to manipulate at times, but nontheless better I guess).

Admin Note: Again, it use to work fine. Again, the upgraded hardware is probably the culprit here. It is not Microeditor, and we will NOT make any upgrades to the code at this time. I lost over $10,000 on 5.3, and 5.4 and 5.5 were more expense on top of that. I personally am broke. DON'T UPGRADE YOUR HARDWARE. Get yourself another computer to run your other programs on that require more power, video, etc. Microeditor doesn't.

Having said that: Our 5.5 programe loaded into a virgin machine, but didnt put MTU in the PROGRAMMES directory.. In fact, we dont know where it is still, but it works.
Also, we HAD to rummage the 2.7 disks for MICROSOUND.INF file (or whatever the hell that thing is), before XP would STOP asking for drivers for New hard ware, everytime we switched on. However, NOW the yellow question mark has gone from the device manager.. which is a first for us. But still this doesnt allow Windows to find Krystal as a default wave player.

Ok. enough for now.. any insights.. more than welcome.
G