View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2008, 06:48 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
You might feel differently if you worked at the same club for 14 years. These people still pay me even if THEY decide to close for a night or if they have a power outage or something. They have even bought me discs (just to add to the book) & equipment that I needed (of course had to pay back but a little at a time per week).
They used to pay me more on NYE when I asked, but this was also when it wasn't a regular night, but it's really not any big difference in crowd to me, so I just charge my normal night since I work 7 nights there anyway.
Private parties & clubs that aren't a regular night, of course i'd charge more.
I would think, that due to the respect and loyalty you have offered that club, that they would recognize the same towards you during the holiday season. I'm sure they must know, "Everyone makes money NYEve".

Every place I know (even in Maine) will reward their employees somewhat for exceptional work. I say employee, as you are there 7 days for 14 years. That's more than I spend at my regular job.

But then again, if your not doing it for the money, and they sense that, they keep it.