Thread: System error#1
View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:46 PM

System Error #1 My Solution

After upgrading to Karaoke Pro 4.008 I, too, had the "System Error #1 Contact MTU message" and by reading some of the other messages a light bulb came on which helped me find the solution to my situation.

I am using a Dell laptop. The day I upgraded to the new version of KPro I just happened to be connected to the internet using the Ethernet port built into my port replicator. As this is a laptop computer sometimes I use my port replicator connection and other times I use the network card that is in my PCMCIA slot of my computer, thus my system would generate two different MACID's. So, when trying to access the program when connected through my PCMCIA Ethernet connection I got the above error. By connecting through the port replicator connection (the connection used when downloading the upgrade), it works just fine. This is also why one day it worked just fine and the next time, even though I used the same computer, it reported an error.

What I am unsure of is if it is too late to submit the second MACID so that the program will work using either ethernet connection. I will admit I didn't quite understand the MACID stuff at the time of the update; now I understand it is to help protect against fraudulent usage. I would appreciate knowing if I can still get an ID for the 2nd Ethernet connection used on this computer.

I am sharing this just in case that may be the solution for someone else.