Thread: Very Pleased
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2003, 12:21 PM

Here is the report on my first outing using Holster.

We work at a Mexican Bar and Resturant ,and even though we don't speak Spanish, we have a very large selection of Spanish songs, and a very large following. About 50% of our singers are Hispanic and they LOVE to sing.

However, this all makes for a very, very hectic work environment, with everyone wanting to sing, NOW. So my first day using Holster was under pressure.

I set up my laptop, mixer, and also a CDG player, because I need that for the VCD's and Sound Choice songs #15, which I could not import.

I used a frequency modulator from Radio Shack which let me input from both S-Video and RCA, to three TV's. I set everything up, and held my breath when I turned on the laptop. All was well.

We had ten singers in the playlist right from the start and it never let up for five hours.

I did not have a bit of trouble. The sound was just as good as from a CDG and the graphics were better. I did not have one song with the words distorted on the screen.

I love the software, and I am very glad that I bought my Laptop, burner, and backup from MTU. It came all set up and ready to go. I am not computer literate enough to try to set everything up myself. I could do it, but it would take a long time, and hard on the nerves.

By the way, I have an 80 gig harddrive and after importing almost 700 discs at 128Kb compression, I still have 25 gig available. Seems like a miracle that all that information could go into a laptop.

Thank you MTU for a great product.

Dave