View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i know a kj that used to used Hoster, and she was having so much problem with Hoster, that another kj persuaded her to use another program, and she was told that she could go in his website and he'll put her name on his list of friends then register as a friend and from there she could download his karaoke songs ( mp3files )in which she's been doing, now i think that is illegal, and i warned her about it, and i was told that this kj's been doing it for a while..
A friend of mine who I used to do their bonfire karaoke parties for said he bought a laptop system from a legitimate KJ sales guy here in Maine. Okay this is what he bought:
For three thousand dollars he bought a pair of cheap speakers, a laptop loaded with Compuhost (bite my tongue), and a hard drive with 75, 000 karaoke songs 3000 DJ songs and 500 videos and two free lessons on how to set up and run a show....and the option to purchase another Hard drive with 75,000 more songs in the near future..for only 350 dollars. Can you imagine.
I almost puked.

He thinks he did nothing wrong as he paid someone money that advertised as a KJ sales guy to sell these things. I told him he was 100% illegal. He says well, it's only for my own bonfires and I won't be any competion of yours anyway.

Then, I find out, that he swaps a copy of his HD (75,000 songs) for a set of speakers with a Kj I sort of compete with. (This other guy works every other Friday where I work at). Now this guy advertises he has many more songs than anyone, even me, (I have 15,000 collected over many years mostly by requests and cost me a jillion dollars, although my parents did buy me the complete legend series for Christmas several years ago). Anyway, these two guys advertised the fact at his show that "Thanks to Ron, I (Karaoke John) now have ALL the songs you people require".

So you can see that this "HD" is probably going to saturate my area and this other guy that sells these things is making it rich. Go Figure.

These are the guys they need to get.