View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Legal or illegal

I notice there is a lot of questions on the legal vs illegel status of Hoster users. Human nature being what it is, after even a few years of KJing with Hoster and using computer files, it is hard to believe everyone is 100% legal, with not even one little file or song slipping through. I admit to being 98% legal, but i don't do Karaoke shows, but i guess the question i'm curious about is how many of you could stand the test of the Song Police doing a thorough search all your files. Now the fear of a search will prevent a lot of you from answering this question, but after all the claims, and i'm sure there are a lot who are 100% legal, curosity just gets the best of me. I do have a about 5 songs obtained from a studio of music that i reproduce for songs i couldn't find on karaoke sites and a couple of files given to me by other singers. Does this make me illegal, well, yes, legally. Is my intent to defraud the song owners, no, but, legally, i guess its true.
I consider an illegal status as some one who just blatantly rips off all files without regard and does not buy the music legally. Is this what i have done, no, but???????? Anyone care to step to the plate?