View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:30 PM
VIP

In 15 years i've lost maybe 10-15 books. Most of them i'm sure went to regular singers that just wanted to be able to have the list at home to check out more thoroughly since the majority of the time, the book count went back to normal after a few days - partly why I started placing the book on my website & it actually has helped. I seriously doubt other kj's came in to steal the book, it wouldn't do them any good unless they were trying to duplicate my exact library & even if they did, they can go online.
I have found missing books in the garbage at the end of the night, on top of video machines, behind the bar, in the parking lot, and once in the urinal - obviously a disgrunted singer , that particular book I left for the night crew to come clean up.

Destroyed - that's a different story, but it's only due to multi handling per night & people being stupid not knowing how to take care of a book! Will do a reprint at least once per year & get new binders at least 2-3 times per year. Just ordered new binders today as a matter of fact.

Have 10 Title books & 10 Artist books. Used to have 15 combined books until I needed to move up to a 3" ring plus the printing cost was getting rather large. 3" is too big for nightly use. Now I only have to print 10 combined books & split them into 2 sets, 20 1 1/2" books total!

Side question! Until the last say 2-3 years, I have ALWAYS listed my books as (example) Garth Brooks - alphbatized under B in the artist section, NOT as Brooks, Garth. It seems lately no one can find it. They tell me they look in the B's and can't find it, they look in G's & can't find it. Then they tell me the books aren't alphabatized. I assure them they are & to look for the artist like you would be in a record (CD) store. After 15 years it looks as though i'm going to have to change my format to read last name first, first name last. I know I may be one of the last companies to list my books this way & i'm sure it's because of crowd shifts & new singers that don't know this, but MAN don't people know simple filing anymore!?!?!?

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions

Last edited by Lonman; June 4th, 2007 at 07:38 PM.