View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2003, 02:50 AM

MaddMatt

I sing regularly in almost every rotation. My primary reasons for doing this are:

1. I begin every rotation with a Song - this visually cues the singers as to where the rotation begins and ends. Not everyone will hear me say that the rotation has ended, but if they see hear me singing a song they know that the rotation is starting over. In fact if I skip over myself it really screws up some of my regulars, they seem to find comfort in knowing where they are at in the rotation. It gives them some idea of how long it will be before they sing again. Perhaps they want to play a game of pool or play some video poker etc.

2. This gives me an opportunity to spice up the rotation a bit if the last 7-10 songs were country ballads. I will put a fast song up for myself to sing to get the folks dancing and drinking. This is called entertaining your customers. We have alot of listeners in our audience as well, and they like to have fun too. This way they can participate in the show without singing.

3. I have some customers who like to sing Duets with me so I reserve my turn to sing. This accomplishes two things, it starts the rotation over, and entertains the singers request.

You were looking for some input!

That's My 2 cents