View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:57 PM

Re: Karaoke with Laptop only???

That's what I was thinking about youtube is that some publisher would request their music be removed.

You might want to study viruses more closely if you are going to allow memory sticks to be connected because they have much smarter viruses nowdays that run behind the scenes as soon as the memory stick is plugged in and you won't know until later... having auto play disabled does not stop most viruses now since the creators of these programs write their prog to work around that.

There are also viruses that attack hard drives and damage them so once it is powered down, it will never work again and will have to be replaced.

I learned from professional geeks that programs like Acronis True Image are some of the best protection since it captures the state of the system so it can be restored even if there is hard drive failure.

It's pretty freaky what the bad guys can do with illicit computer programs these days. The only reason I follow stuff like this is because in my business I have to depend on my computer and have to have things in place that are fail safe.

I just go see what all the geeks are doing...