Thread: Hoster
View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2006, 06:52 AM

This sounds great.
This is what the computer I have ordered has.
HP/COMPAQ DV8000 LAPTOP 2.0GHz AMD TURION 64 DVD-RW 17"
The luxury of a premium 17" widescreen laptop is now within your reach with the HP Pavilion dv8000 notebook PC. This 8.1 lb. notebook, designed for demanding digital entertainment and business applications, packs plenty of power thanks to the latest technology from AMD!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manufacturer HP/Compaq
Model DV8113CL
CPU Type 2.0 GHz AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Processor ML-37 with PowerNow!™ Technology
CPU Speed 2.0 GHz
CD Burner -- Awesome for storing MP3 music and photos. Also, works like a regular CD-ROM drive for loading software.
DVD Burner - Great for making your DVD movies or watching them on the huge 17" Widescreen display.
RAM - 1 GB DDR SDRAM
Screen Size 17.0” WXGA+ High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)
Wireless 54g™ 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM / SpeedBooster support
Hard Drive - 160 GB Hard Drive Dual HDD
Network Interface - Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Mouse - Touch Pad with dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad
Modem - Integrated high speed 56k modem
Audio - Altec Lansing
Video -ATI RADEON® XPRESS 200M IGP
Ports -1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34),
1 Type I/II 32-bit card bus (also support 16-bit), 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 1 Headphone out w/SPDIF Digital Audio, 1 microphone-in, 1 VGA (15-pin), 1 TV-Out (S-video), 1 RJ-11 (modem), 1 RJ -45 (LAN), 1 Expansion Port 2, 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin), 1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Software -Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition Pre-loaded with Certificate of Authenticity and Restore disks.

Power AC Adapter - Power Cord: YES Battery: YES
IBM Compatible -- This laptop is compatible with other Windows software programs and applications.

I also have a plextor external. You know I had a 200 GB external hard drive that I had all of my Karaoke music on and it crashed. Haven't gotten it back yet. They sent it back once and still didn't work. Sooo I don't know if there will be anything left on it. Hopefully it will and I can just tranfer the files to the hoster. Not my luck though so, I am sure I will have to put them all back in.
Thank you so much.
Which package do you suggest? I really need everything I guess. I need the newer version of microstudio, I would like to have the program to make an repair disks.
What do you suggest? I won't be getting it until my laptop comes in.
Also when I get it Will I be able to put it on two or more computers?
Thank you
Cheryl