View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2005, 12:37 PM

Hook ups

As I said in a earlier post I have used my Karaoke Machine with my Home stereo for yr's 10 to be exact with no problems. This is just for home use which is what Chatrobot was talking about. Now I hook my laptop up to the Stereo and Sing through the Karaoke machine which has 30 watts per side which in my basement is plenty loud. For other Gigs I use either a yamaha EMX 660 or Peavey 696 F. with either 12 in speakers or 15 in Speakers.
In looking back on Chatrobots entry He could go with a non powered mixer Yamaha, and Samson both make a 4 to 6 input that runs around $100.00, I would check with Musicians Freind, Sam Ash, Guitar Center or local music Store and Pawn Shops for best price. That way he could hook up both Lap top and Microphones and run into his stereo.
As far as hooking up TV They make VGA adapters or if he has a RCA Video Out he could possibly hook up to RCA video port. It there is none on his TV he could use a RF adapter and hook into the cableport, Check local Radio Shack The have all kinds of soulutions. Since he did not specify what video outputs he has its hard to give a solution. I would keep it simple and use what you have till the need to upgrade comes.

John