View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2005, 12:22 PM

Quality Counts..

As others have said, it really depends on what you want to spend. I started out plugging a cheap mic into a JVC player and I am now up to a Shure Beta mic, a shure SM58 and a BOSE PAS system. I also still use a Beheringer mixer just because I love the digital effects and the 3D surround it provides. The sound is incredible. BTW, I am not a KJ for say.. Never been paid anyway. Just get together with friends and KJ the party.
Anyway, my point is the equipment makes a huge difference because the more truth you hear as feedback the better the vocal adjustments will be made. Someone meantioned Carvin and I would second that. I have quite a bit of carvin equipment that I really don't use now due to the PAS, but the Carvin equipent does a very good job. The best thing about Carvin is you buy direct and cut out the middle man. As DJMADMAX said, the Carvin PM15A's are a fantastic quality and value. I have two CARVin PM15's (The passive version of the PM15a) and they sound awesome. The Carvin amps are one of the best quality/value buys as well.

Of course the PAS blows anything I've ever heard away. I got it mainly due to not having to lug a bunch of equipment around, but the reproduction is out of this world. Almost anyone sounds at least good on this thing and good singers sound awesome. This thing is a KJs best friend...

So having said all this, let's get back to what someone wants to spend. I've gone through lots of equipment and lots of money for this reason or that to finally end up with a PAS. At $2000 for a PAS, I would have saved a ton if I just bit the bullet and bought it in the first place... So it's good to have a pretty good idea of where you want to go before you start buying..