Thread: Duplicate Songs
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2004, 07:19 PM

You know in the discusion on if companies are legit or not, here is an interesting thought. It is my understanding that there have been very few if any licenses pulled by Karaoke Companies from the publishing companies that actually own the materiel that is produced on the Karaoke Discs. With that thought in mind, if this is true then most all Karaoke Songs are Illegal. I also Write Music and have the hopes of someday producing an album of my own. While the Karaoke Industrie is getting Huge and the royalties lost could really sum up quickly if you had a smash hit. I would think that the actual Artist (read Singer) really doesn't mind at all. I think that many would say that they like the thought of someone singing their music in a bar. The writers however who make their livings from royalties alone I'm sure would sing a different tune.

So, how would you ever know if Sound Choice, Priddis or Chartbuster ect ect... actually has licenses for all of the songs that they have on the discs. Remember the artist that wrote the music and Lyrics are supposed to get paid for every copy produced. This is not to even mention the performance royalties that are lost with Karaoke.

Things that Make ya Go Hmmmmmm!