Thread: Duplicate Songs
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2004, 08:26 AM

Duplicates

John,

I know the feeling. I'm into my 4th year of KJing. Starting my second year using Hoster. I guess I was a little ahead of the game for a new comer getting into karaoke. I started off with a Sony 400 and I used Microstudio to make compiled discs from the get go. Mainly to save as much space in my Sony that I could. Averaged 21 songs to a disc.
And even though I now use Hoster I still compile my discs. And yes I'll get in 2 or 3 discs this week off of Ebay and I might have 7 songs out of them that I don't already have. However I do not have any duplicates in my Hoster. Almost 7,000 songs.
I've been at the same place doing 3 shows a week, going into my second year. Sundays, Monday & Tuesday. I used to have a lot of my singers start off bringing in their own discs, but for what ever reason, I see very few discs come my way.
By making my own compiled discs; if a different version comes up that I like better of a song I already have, it helps making the change in Hoster much easier. True, there's more work up front by not using the built in data base but for me it works for me.

Kelly