View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

I'll echo Gary that Medit is still a very big part of just about everything we do - whether for the intial record or the final master. I've just changed some of the stuff in between-- mostly to use plug ins and/or do things that were either more difficult or just not possible in Medit due to where it left off after the Motorola debacle.

But Medit is my #1 "no problem solution" to many things, even though it means having to do some workarounds at times to keep using it in what we do. The advantages to me seem to far outweigh the downsides for a lot of projects we seem to get.

Sad about the 24 bits of course. That would have made it even more useful and more longevity.

Can also echo Gary's comments about clients and Pro Tools. Many people I work with are amazed by the results we get - and most of my competitors are pretty much all-Digi, all the time. Clients often rave about the quality of our work versus some others, and also how quickly we can often get their stuff done. One of our biggest "selling points" for ages has been often exceeding the client's expectations by a considerable margin and MTU has played a very big role in that for a heck of a long time.