View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:36 PM
Frequent Member

No sour grapes here....

You know very well that I have zero sour grapes about the whole death of Microeditor saga....I was clear about what I thought was needed from the beginning, and got back whatever information I got back....then I went on my way, and have continued to reply to posts here and give information about what I am doing to other users so they can make use of it in the event it would help them....

No anger. No sour grapes. Simple, scientific realism. I waited until the last possible moment to jump ship, really, always hoping that some of my requests would bear fruit. To that end, I made an effort to restate my requests and concerns in a more elegant and direct fashion continually. This particular thread, which currently spans 8 years, clearly documents some of those concerns and requests.

I knew before the start of this thread that Larry's leaving, Motorola's lack of support and honesty- along with the financial issues dogging the company- had all conspired to keep you from the path you had set out so resolutely to follow in the beginning. That path, as I have stated many times, was the gold standard by which I judged all other software/hardware combos.

We are way beyond the need to be worrying about negativity, I think.....You know, I just wrote another magazine article (for Radio Magazine) last April in which I, again, laid out the saga of my own DAW journey and stated again for all to see how incredible the longevity of Microeditor was for me, and how unusual it was in this business.....I was describing the state of the whole DAW business for the radio crowd, and Microeditor was, as always, the pivotal system by which all before and after were measured.

In other words, despite the fact that I no longer use my MicroSound systems, your legacy and legend are intact........Those of us who are so attached to that legacy just need some friendly help in translating our work habits and needs to other systems that are more connected to the current workplace. That is all that is going on here. The memories are still fond. The reality is still what it is.