View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2001, 08:14 PM

Hi, guys.

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to get back here.

First, let me state that Jim (a.k.a "Geezer") is being entirely too modest! On the occasion that he graciously filled in for me at the Kennedy Center, he turned out a marvelous, luscious recording that (consarn it!) was not selected by Leonard Slatkin as repertoire that he wanted to include in this season's broadcasts. (Perhaps it will wind up in a future season...)

RE: file exchange...

Yes, I am in whole-hearted agreement that we can squeeze some more life out of Microeditor this way. It's easy enough within CoolEdit 2000 to strip away extraneous header information so that ME will read most any files. If that doesn't work, there are some header-stripping utilities available to do the same thing. Putting the headers back, if required by another system, *may* be more problematic but I haven't thoroughly researched the question as yet. If I can't find the software utilities that I want, I may have to write them. (I've been dusting off my programming training in order to prepare for attacking these looming problems. Curse that need for sleep!) I'll post some more details as I discover things. It's a lot easier for me to do this while the NSO is on tour.

Jim, please do fill us in on your success with Nuendo. We're all eyeing the multitrack necessity and I appreciate you being willing to share your discoveries with us.

Gotta get back to production now. More soon...

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson
Senior Recording/Production Engineer
WETA Radio & Television, Washington, DC