View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2001, 12:46 PM

Microsound used for National Symphony Orchestra

This is just to let everyone know that the National Symphony Orchestra concert series now being broadcast by many public radio stations and commercial classical music stations around the U.S. is very nearly an "All-MTU" production. For the last year or so, the performances have been recorded straight to 24-bit Microeditor projects via a dCS 904 converter. All music editing, element production, final mixing and data reduction to 16-bit CDs for distribution have been accomplished entirely in the digital domain within Microeditor. Only older concert material (dating from before I received my portable MTU system) has been loaded into Microeditor from (mostly 24-bit) DATs.

The sonic results of keeping everything within Microeditor have been exceptional. Even those folks without "golden ears" have been able to tell the difference between the 24-bit material recorded straight to MTU and all other sources used for production--without any prompting from me!

Dave, I congratulate you and your team once again for the painstaking care that you have taken in your hardware design and software coding. We classical music people appreciate the difference that it makes!

All the best,

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson
Senior Recording & Production Engineer
WETA Radio & Television
Washington, DC