View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2007, 07:48 PM

Lonman:

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I do not know what a duplexer is in the context of a printer.

I have an ink jet printer and it costs me several cartridges to print ONE copy of my book. I then take that book to Kinkos to have it reproduced. My final cost for 4 copies, with binders, plastic protective sheets, 2 sided printing, 9% Arizona sales tax, and two sets of cartridges was $385 and change. My Kinko bill was about $145 of that.

I am open to any suggestions as long as I produce nice binders.

Can one laser cartridge handle 5 books with about 450 pages each? That is almost 2300 pages of printing. Oh double that, as I have 5 for artisit listings and 5 for title listings, So make that 4600 pages.

As I recall, laser cartridges cost over a hundred dollars each. And laser printers are not cheap either.

But I will try anything if I am convinced I will save money without sacrificing my product.

Oh I almost forgot. I use Music Book Deluxe to format my pages for printing and to maintain my database. Nothing special. A three column listing with artist, title, and CAVS number.