View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

all star ???

first of all you keep talking about a 19.99 k mart mic do you have one ? i did not know they even sold them

we use sure 58 if you know anything about singing you will know what they are !!!

2) you said if we mixed right that we would not hear that .
that is were you give your self away
if you have been doing this as a kj for any length of time you would know just what iam talking about
the serious vocalists as you put it are the ones that no matter what you do for them you will never be right

3) if you were around for 5 years or more you would have seen the change in the karaoke singer and you would under stand

now if you were doing this for a living you dont mind seeing crapie
mic out there it just makes you look better
that is why i think
that you are just a singer sounding off at the kjs who dont meet up to your standard's thats ok you can do that we live in the usa
and you have that right

my point here is do you think ford is going to tell all the other
car makers around the world to put better motors in there cars
i dont think so

it sounds like you want every one to do it your way

i have no problem with you
just dont come in here demanding that the kj should meet your stnadards if they work for you thats fine

we all so book shows for a lot of kj i dont know of anyone who has a 19.99 kmart mic
most kj\dj here are all was trying to out do each other
you know keeping up with the jones

with your permission i like to put your post in our news letter
it goes out to the kj and dj that we book for. about 200 at last glance i think.
i would like to get there feed back
i would be glad to p.m you and tell you what they think
and if you want p.m me and i will put you on the mailing list for the news letter and you can really see whats happing in the dj\karaoke world
from time to time you will see parts of our news letter in mobile beat under whats happing in karaoke today
we have been quoted in there at least twice a year
for the past 5 years

all star (george) puts it in a nut shell for you
quote from george

The "reality of Karaoke" is in the patron's perception.

If a KJ has low end equipment, poor mixing, etc, and in spite of all the shortcomings that another KJ can see, possesses that rare charisma to attract people, hold their attention, and they enjoy themselves enough to keep coming back, then who's to say he's wrong?

and george let me tell you there are quite a few out there that like that
in closeing all star i hope you find and area that has the kind of karaoke you like and all the kjs have what you want
after all it was meant to make people happy not bitter
i hope you find the joy in karaoke you are looking for

i hope every one has a great day and a happy life

mike