View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:11 AM

Hi Y'all

We would really love to just go out and enjoy a karaoke night out once or twice a week, but looks like we just have to find our own gig in order to enjoy our singing.

To mikedombroski
I do not share my mic with anyone, for exactly the same reasons as you have (germs, booze and God knows what else???) but, and this is the big one, my mic and the guest's mic is exactly the same. When I start a show, and during a show, I remind people to treat my equipment with care, and if I see the slightest sign of abuse, I talk to that person immediately. I find that the guests really enjoy the wireless mic's, they get romantic with girlfriends or do a line dance with others. Maybe it's just the places we host, but I haven't lost a single mic yet, except for the one that I dropped in a swimming pool years ago.

To mlepine
Thank you!! Finally someone that understands my pain of having to listen to some of the yahoo's around here (there and everywhere)

George, George, George..........

Maybe the poor KJ is just emulating what the "professionals" in L.A. and Nashville are doing these days.
If the "professionals" jump of a bridge, will you follow them? I don't think so.

It has to do with pride in your job. I don't care what you are, a KJ or the person helping you at Wal-Mart. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing it well. If you want to do something, give it all or don't even bother.