Thread: KIAA Membership
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Sorry for the double post. But i received these two links in an email sent to me by a kj buddy of mine, while reading my emails this evening. I looked them up on craigs list and they appear legit. Perhaps we really shouldn't worry so much about the pirates taking our jobs, perhaps we should worry about the KIAA cutting our throat, and their members and inductees scarfing them up suppose? this first link of this dude rubbing it into everyones face, including the KIAA, is just a real jerk, 80 to 90% of all kj's are not legal according to this dude. Now one kj's are pitting themselves against each other. Glad i fit into the small 10% who is legal....But apparently the Sleps or their buddies have things so stired up in virginny, that jobs are starting to be at a premium. Apparently according to nightlife publications, clubs carrying karaoke entertainment have dropped dramatically. And as i predicted. These guys are doing more harm then good with this lawsuit stuff. Sure it's great to stop the pirates fine dandy. But at what cost? If you are a good KJ, with a good personality, a sufficent library, a great Hoster setup and decent sound gear. No pirate is going to get your job, unless you're a poor host to begin with. But these self imposed Gestapo tactics by the slep clan, are taking casulties already. And is going to impact kj's, software manu's, clubs, livelihood, sales, and profits..mark my words.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/evs/1567150507.html

and this second one, just seems to be a moron period.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/evs/1569205332.html
George,
That first one sounds like he is ticked off because he is a member of the KIAA and still got tagged with the lawsuit by SC. What is puzzling is that as a member of KIAA he has already been audited which is part of their membership requirements and that SC is refusing to audit him again wanting him to pay the $6500 settlement and admitting guilt. This is definitely harassment by SC.