Thread: Song Data Base
View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Re-build Song Data Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfountai View Post
Ok a new problem that I have not figured out how to fix.

I am using a laptop with Windows 7, AMD Turiom X2 Dual Core 32 bit and 4 gig of ram. I have all my files on an external Seagate 1.5 TB hard drive. The Hoster is 4.32. All updates for Microsoft are current.
I finished importing all my zips as KMH and all is on the external hard drive. In the past as I imported some files I would rebuild my data base in Hoster. After a few times of taking up so much time rebuilding I decided to wait until I was completely finished importing, as I am now.
I clicked on the tab “tools”, “data Base”, “rebuild”. In the open box there is the folder that contains the folder that I wanted to use to build. I click on the “Rebuild Data Base” at the bottom. The next box says “If you rebuild the Song Database, your Songbook may need updating. Do you want to continue? “ I click YES
The next box says “The Backup for the Song database was successful.” I click OK
The next box says “Successfully created 0 entry ‘songs.mdb’ database in: C:\MTU\Hoster\
In the past it would start the counting off but not this time.
I re-installed my version thinking that might solve this problem. Still I am puzzled as I don’t understand why Hoster is not rebuilding.
Can some give me a clue what I forgot to do?
First thing is when you import files you do not have to rebuild the database because the files are added to the database as you import.
Each individual folder needs to be listed in the rebuild window as that version of Hoster doesn't go into sub-folders.
Did you use Rebuild or Add/Merge (not sure which it is in this version? If you used Add it wouldn't have any to add since they have alreay been added during the import.