View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2003, 12:11 PM

Mikey Mike,
It does sound to me that you have got some problems with your ASPI drivers in this system. I am running one of the Plextor 1610 TA drives in my system here at the office, and it works fine with Microstudio 2.400.

Try to install these Adaptec ASPI drivers to see if they will make a difference. They can be downloaded from: http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...s+ASPI+Package

Click on the Top link for XP.

Download this file to your computer. Then Double click it to extract the files. I would extract it to a short named directory such as c:\ASPI.

You then will need to go to your Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Command Prompt. This will be all done in Dos. You then need to type in cd c:\ASPI, this should put your cursor after the c:\ASPI directory.

NOTE:If this is not the case then on your system it's not working that way. I just tested this on Winodws 2000 and it all worked like this.

Once you are at this directory type in the folowing: (This is for XP Home or Professional) install.bat xp32, then press the Enter Key. It should then run the Adaptec ASPI installation and tell you that the drivers have been updated or copied. Then Reboot the computer.

Once this has been done, go back into your c:\ASPI folder under Windows Explorer or My Computer. Double click on the aspichk.exe program, located in this folder. This will then check the versions of the ASPI drivers on your system. They should show: 4.71.2 for the ASPI32.sys and WNASPI32.dll files. If not then they didn't correctly update, and this shoud be done over.

Once the updated has been verified. Open Microstudio. Click on the Drives menu at the top. Click on ASPI Drivers. Change this to Use the default driver. Click OK. Close Microstudio, then Reopen Microstudio and let us know if the drives show up now.