View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2005, 01:40 PM

It's All About the Money

Hi Guys and Gal's
Being old enough to remember the sing along with Mitch show and watching those old sing along films and even Cartoons as a kid. I think that All this fuss the music company's make is nothin but whooey. The performers probably don't see much of the money they are asking for. Unless they are really mega superstars and own all the publishing rights. The music companys are greedy they aren't looking any farther than the nose on thier face haven't seen them jump on new technology very fast over the years. It has always been the little independent guys and gals who same to themselves "There has to be something better, A better way to do this". If it was up to the music industry we would still be using Edison phonographs.They always wait for someone else to invent it, start using it and when it gets popular, they scream for thier share of the pie and think we should get a sliver.
The Music industry should get down on thier knees and thank God for karaoke, Napster, and all the other technology that has come out. Because it promotes thier songs. I personally know some big name Country stars who tell me that they feel a gratification that people want to sing thier songs. To bad Don Henley doesn't feel the same way he hates Karaoke. I have personally boycotted buying anymore of his material ie: disks that are just Eagles, Don Henley, and certainley any audio only Eagle's, Henley. Sorry I'm just not willing to pay $400.00 for Sound Choice's 8125 disk.
The new technology for show's is now running from a computer whether Laptop or desktop ect. What a great idea. I just found out about this technology a few months ago and what has the music companies done multi session disks, and some other types of copyright to make importing to your harddrive harder or almost impossible. Talk about stupid . I now won't buy sound choice or chartbuster unless they are in the $2.99 bin. I never want to go back to having to hunt for discs and singers writing down the wrong number's etc. I just hope that the other companies don't follow the Chartbuster and Sound Choice procedure.
Sorry for being so lengthy but I just had to get this out. My point is that Technology is always evolving, and The music companies should be paving the way to make it easier and smoother not putting up road blocks and toll booths.
John