View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Frequent Member

MicroSync Board?

As my primary MTU computer is still a PI 166 (Win95), I'm not laughing at all....This is still the most stable format for this rig, but I have started to see the computer lock up more and more over the last 2 years.

Your initial problem was with SMPTE, which requires the MicroSync board be installed correctly in one of the non-PCI slots (ISA?)....I don't see any reference to this in your un-install/install process, only for Krystal, which I assume you have disconnected from MicroSync.....Both cards obviously have to be thoroughly connected to work and communicate.

My memory of this whole process in Win 95 is a little vague, but there certainly was some issue about cleaning the old program off, and you certainly needed to designate interrupts for both cards, and you should see testing and recognition for whatever I/O box you have as well as the MicroSync.....I don't remember the MicroSync software being separate from the primary Medit software, so this should all be one process.

If a thorough re-install of both cards does not work, you might try putting either of them into your other computers to see if either of the cards themselves have died.