Thread: Import problem
View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:50 PM

Import problem

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been using MStudio 4.002 on my Vista Home Premium machine and was having difficulty importing and converting some discs. I was able to import them with Hoster but the discs have quite a bit of age on them and they didn't look very good at all, so I thought I would try using MStudio because it has the error correction capability.

When I try to import with MStudio I tell it that I want the .bin which I will later convert to KMA using songverter. I tell it to read the disc which it does, then I select all of the tracks give it a disc ID and then hit Import selected tracks.

The Drive fires up and the dialog like in Hoster comes up saying it is importing track 01, 02, etc. The thing is that it only takes about 2 seconds to do the import where in Hoster some of these took substantially longer.

When I go to try to play the imports in either MStudio or Hoster I get the singer screen for about half a second and then nothing. I have tried upgrading both Hoster to 3.116 and MStudio to 4.004 but it didn't change anything. I'm a little leary of going to 3.117 because I have no other problems with 3.116 and I don't think it has anything to do with the problem.

I tried upgrading the Plextor drive (which worked perfectly with Hoster) to the latest firmware (1.07 to 1.09) and also tried using my old Plextor 52/24 CD-RW and and the Lite-On Drive with no change.

I looked around through the Forum but I'm terrible with searches and didn't find anything in particular about this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I built this computer myself and here are the specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G (rev 1.0)
Processor: AMD X64 3800 AM2 Single Core
Memory: 1024 MB Kingston DDR2 533 Dual Channel
Video: Radeon X1300 DVI-D w/ TV-Out
Drives: 500 GB Western Digital Caviar SATA 3
250 GB Seagate IDE
Disk Drives: Lite-On LH16 D1P DVD-ROM
Plextor PX-712A DVD-R/W
Windows Vista Home Premium X64

Jon

Monolith Entertainment