Thread: Pay to Play
View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2003, 06:35 PM

Re: Pay to Play

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddMatt
All:

I have been trying to research the Karaoke business to find a niche. I have not found any threads relating to a "pay to Play" or "Pay to Sing" approach.

Does anyone out there go to carnivals, town festivals etc and charge $1 for people to sing? For $2 you could give them a CD copy of their performance.
Going back to your orginial message:

I went to a show a few weeks ago out of town, and the KJ there did a very interesting thing, The show was from 9:00pm - 12:00am on a Saturday night, at Midnight, he said the show was over and that if people wanted to continue the sing, they would have to pay to sing a song, I inquired as to the price and it was $10.00 a song.

I do not think the bar was paying him at this point so I understood why he was doing this, the people continued to sing, and at about 1:00 or so I took off, the show was still going strong.

Where I usally go, the show gets slow some times around 12:30 or so, and the manager shuts down the show, but the place has pretty much emptied out by then any ways, then other days, the place is jamming and they shut down at 12:30 so you never know just when the show is going to end.

Alan.