View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:15 PM

Re: New place to gig on Thursday, but Sun/Tue. bar owner doesn't seem to like the ide

We had a Honda motorcycle dealership in a town a few miles south of me. One of the fella's who worked there as a machanic for about 10 years or so if memory serves me right, went out and purchased a new Harley motorcycle. Parked it in the employee parking lot. The boss fired him. The fella took the dealership to court, and lost. Did he have a right to purchase a new harley, and even drive it to work? i suppose he did. It's not always a matter of law, or what you should be able to do, or not do. It's often times a matter of what's the right thing to do, and common sense.

Don't know your relationship with the bar you've worked for for going on 5 years. But there are just too many "suppose i" and "what if's", in the examples given here. Hard feelings are almost impossible for club owners to get over. I have to be very very careful in my little club up here. I can get alot of.. you played so & so's yard party, but you won't do mine? why not? i have to be very careful. So if you feel comfortable performing down the street at another bar on a different night, and see nothing wrong with it..go fur it. But, as for myself, and myself only. I think it's a bad idea.