View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:39 AM
VIP

Re: New place to gig on Thursday, but Sun/Tue. barowner doesn't seem to like the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
If you know Bar #2 owner well enough I would show him the stuff on the lawsuits going on now with Sound Choice and point out that what that guy has is exactly what they are looking for in these lawsuits. Then if you know anyone else in the area who does shows (if you decide not to take the job) you could recommend them.
A thought just hit me. Even if Bar #1 decides he wants to lower your pay by adding an additional night at Bar #2 I figure you are still farther ahead then without it.
As far as being in it for the long haul, as long as Bar #2 can make enough to keep it going for a year or two, then it will probably be there for a while. As far as Bar #2 copying what Bar #1 is doing, I would do the same thing. Why at this early stage try something new if this already works in an established place. Common business practice.
AT least your Bar #2 had enough sense to have enough capital for entertainment. The lady running our #2 pout all her seed money into remodeling and had nothing left for entertainment to draw in the crowds. She had one KJ in for a while that all they were working for was tips and doing karaoke 2 nights a week. They quickly tired of that and quit.

Wow!

I've already started bar #2 about three weeks ago, after that third week was when bar #1 owner brought up the thing about "spreading too thin".

You're right about keeping both gigs and still being ahead of the game for now. It's just gonna leave that "sour taste" in my mouth about this bar #1 owner pulling this on me while all the time he knows I work hard to bring him in business and always have promoted that place well.