View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:41 AM
VIP

Re: New place to gig on Thursday, but Sun/Tue. bar owner doesn't seem to like the ide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
I still don't see the conflict of interest, Bar #1 on this particular night is a Hip Hop night - nothing to do with karaoke. Bar #2 is a karaoke night. 9 out of 10 times, the crowds are not intertwined enough to make a difference - unless the hip hop crowd prefer karaoke and are going to bar #2 to sing - in which bar#1 needs to look at that if there is a draw with their 'hip hop crowd' frequenting bar #2 on that night instead of staying at bar #1 on hip hop night - must be saying something like MAYBE they should be offering more karaoke nights instead of hip hop nights! I think this is just an excuse for bar #1 to try to pay a lower amount, nothing more. Bryant already said it wasn't that busy on the Thursday nights in bar#2. How many of the bar #1 regulars are showing up to bar #2 that would normally be at bar#1 for hip hop night?

You may be absolutely right Lon. Last night, for some reason, was our best Tuesday for quite some time (standing room only)..and there were only two ppl in that crowd that was there and ALSO at the new bar #2 last Thursday...one was the bar #2 bartender, and the other was there last night for 4 hours spending money while only there at bar #2 for several minutes just to check it out. So far I see no data to support bar owner #1's idea about losing ppl because of his "spreading out too thin karaoke" theory.

Dale's thought about bar #1 even gaining some new clientele from bar #2 eventually checking out bar #1 on Sun/Tue may hold up as well.

It's just startin' to p--s me off that the bar owner even mentioned the fact that "we may have to drop your rates a lil just to be fair". (fair to who, and why)?

This thread is making me feel better about the whole thing though.