View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:48 PM

Re: New place to gig on Thursday, but Sun/Tue. bar owner doesn't seem to like the ide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Yup, that's sort of like the way it is. The ppl I bring in on Sun/Tue are karaoke ppl only, which is the only place in town that offers anything on those nights to do. He is only concerned about those same ppl will have another place to spend their money doing the same thing on another night (even if the other night was at his place), so it spreads out the karaoke crowds money among three nights (instead of two). I'm trying to understand if his rationale makes a lot of sense, or just a little sense, or any at all. I had asked him last year about adding a third karaoke night on thurs. His response was "It might be too much of a good thing." Sort of saying it is just spreading out two nights over three.

the only think i could think of which is he's thinking about the business side of it, " competition ", but if he's got hip-hop nights on thu. and he's doing good, what was he worried about, do these people ( hip-hop crowd ) goes to your sun/tue. show? and your sun/tue crowd goes to hip-hop nights? .if they do then maybe he's got something to worry about, it's true having 3 days of karaoke seems to be overkill, i used to do 4 days Thu-Sat. ( 9p-1a ) Sun (5p-9p ), Fri-Sat. are fine, but the rest of the day is kinda of dead. but if your confidence that you can bring in the same people or more maybe you can talk him in adding thu. show, that way he can have both crowds on Thu.and let go of the other one.