View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Honor Roll

Re: New place to gig on Thursday, but Sun/Tue. bar owner doesn't seem to like the ide

We have been through the worst economic times that I can remember. Every chance you have to keep ahead of the competition has become even more important. The bar owner that you are working for is painfully aware of the market in his area. I am sure that he is looking to both keeping a death grip on whatever market share he has, and looking at cutting expenses. This situation is making him look at both. If he sees that he is losing customers on his karaoke nights, he has to make a choice. Either increase business, or cut expenses. I think he is just hedging his bets by having an initial conversation. That is why I agreed with Joe on forcing the issue now. Waiting to see what happens to business is only a negative for you Bryant. If you can hammer out the outcome before he is able to get enough data to beat you with, it can only help your situation.

Be honest with him, and ask the same from him. It is not bad of you to be looking to increase your own income. He is always looking for the same. Just tell him that while you don't want to jeopardize the great long term relationship you have had with him, he can't blame you for looking at increasing your own business.