View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:51 PM
VIP

Re: Report Hoster 5.00 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarl View Post
Tried Hoster 5.0 last night. Disappointed!!! Host shut itself off 3 times in the first 17 minutes of use. More than a dozen times during the 5 hour evening. Basically I can not use Auto Run, or edit a singers name. Also the new song search feature is terrible, works correctly very rarely, make the box colored in, (karaoke box) it is not nearly as good as just having a search button. many times last night i had to look up the song number in my books, it was quicker than using the song search.

Dave i know you think i complain to much about these recent Hoster upgrades, I am willing to send my laptop to you, if you want to find out what is wrong, I have had my laptop ckecked 3 times since Janurary. But maybe they don't know what to look for. Maybe i am just an Idiot, or imagining things. What I do know is that i could not leave my seat for hours. i had to use the manaul mode all evening.
Ps i tried to revert back to 4.32, i thought it would still be availabl for backup. But NO you had to have internet connection to boot it up. no internet connection at location. I assumed it was there from the previous instillation. Guess who was wrong again. You got it Crazycarl!! Maybe that's the problem I must really be crazy

Carl
I too had a few shutdowns/crashes while beta-testing 5.00 & DDouglas reminded me that the AVG Free Antivirus program that I had just switched to, didn't play nice with Hoster... Once I shut down (unchecked) the portion of AVG Free version Antivirus program that's called "Resident Shield", all shutdowns I incurred earlier were eliminated, and my shows ran flawlessly! So maybe your antivirus program is lurking in the background, checking every file that Hoster is trying to search, load, or implement, and that is causing your computer to crash/shutdown during your shows! When you need to go back online, just enable the Antivirus program again! I had been using another Antivirus Program (Bitdefender) for the previous 2 years, and never had to disable it, for Hoster to run correctly... but when I switched to AVG, the shutdowns started at my show, and it was DDouglas's reminder that it (AVG Free Antivirus) didn't play nice with Hoster, that removed my crashing problem!

As to the search window in 5.00, tell us how you search, and why you don't like this portion of the Hoster song searching template, and maybe we can help you use it more effectively... it is a little different looking, but once I got a little more familiar with the new look, it is second nature to do the same thing that I did before... the placement of songs in the playlist from this search window, were implemented to better facilitate this function for the Keyboard (Hot Keys/ shortcuts) Users of Hoster, but it's just as easy for us "Mousers", once you get used to the New and Improved LOOK of 5.00

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A