Thread: Tips !
View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:12 AM
VIP

Once I asked the guy to go ask the three singers that are next if they feel it's okay to jump in and sing before them. Man, the guy said immediately "No, it's alright, never mind" and walked away grumbling. See, what it is, they may come from another show that caters to them, and almost expect it from me and others. They get a little "put out" when other shows don't cater to them.

Note: Last I heard, one of the other bars in town may be looking for another KJ because they've been getting too many complaints about favoritism over their current KJ. I've been recommended and expect a call anytime. This has happened twice in the past year to me already. And when a bar-owner calls you, you have quite a leverage when dealing with price.

As a result, I have four gigs at three different places in Waterville, Maine, all within a mile from my house, and may be picking up on the last remaining bar in town, 8/10's of a mile from home. Two of the places have its own sound system and the others have my two sets kept there. There are also 4 or 5 other KJ's in the immediate area, they just haven't figured it out yet.