View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2006, 06:50 PM

"Luxuriousity" karaoke program - comparison?

I have briefly gone through their website.

One of their products,
(LUXURIOUSITY™ MULTI-TRACK MUSIC STUDIO Multi-Track Sound Editing Software)

is identical to "Audacity".

Audacity is completely free of charge for download and use, and has a fairly comprehensive user community adding documentation and guide on its use periodically.

Now, if you are looking to spend any money on Luxioursity, please consider the following FIRST:

1. If they claim to be so good as to be able to devocalize 'ANY SONG' !!!! Why do they allow a free trial (of say 5 songs, or for 5 days, or even, an e-mail back of the song - or part of your sample song - after they devocalized it). Get them to do one song or a partial song for you. (No excuse for too large a song to e-mail, because you are looking for a proof - a 'strategic' part of the song will be enough).

2. Do you want to deal with somebody who plagiarize other people's software and claim it to be theirs ? It is a credibility issue. Looks like very fishy to me!

3. Their website lists a contact address in California, U.S.A. which is useful because if you ever have a problem with their 100% money back refund with the shipping charges you paid, you may make a complaint to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov) if you are residing in U.S.

4. And get yourself all the documentary evidence of what they claimed in their website (and if you communicated with them in writing about their product capabilities, save them for your rainy day), how their product failed to meet your requirements, and what they said about refund policies, and their refusal, etc. If you use one of the credit cards which offers 'protection on purchases', use it to pay them, and then be diligent in ascertaining that their software can do what they claim to do in your situation. This got to be done within a few days. And be ready to get your credit card issuer to refuse payment to them.

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A FIGHT (even through you may not need to fire a single shot) BUY SMART !

Franky, it is too good to be true ! Ever heard of Internet Scams ???

I look forward to hear your good experience about these kind of people.