View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2018, 02:37 PM

\"No Rebuild Database Needed\"

Since I\'m a frequent browser of this forum, i noticed that so many have problems about song database being used in different computer..I\'ve been doing this procedure for so many years now and avoided long hours of rebuilding database.. It took me at least less than 5 minutes to connect and play my external usb song database.. This procedure is very helpful to the people who wants to use 1 usb external harddrive database to any computer that has Hoster and dont need to rebuild...especially people doing karaoke as business...So this is how it goes....
I have 1 Hoster (Main)computer doing the import, editing and i have
1 hoster player just for entertainment.. My song datadase is in a 2 TB HD which I letter it \"K\"
(KMA = 118,000+ and VCD= 18,000+ ).. I saved 3 files from the Hoster folder of my Main computer and everytime I have to import or edit, then I have to saved it...So my HD has 3 folders:
KMA Folder containing 118,000+ songs in kma format
VCD Folder containing 18,000+ songs in kmh format
Hoster Files (where I copy the 3 files from the Main Hoster)
which is Bucket.mdb, songs.mdb, songs_backup.mdb. These are the 3 important files that will save you long hours of rebuilding. You\'ll find this at:
c:\\programdata\\mtu\\hoster in newer version of Hoster
And If you can\'t find programdata, you need to go to windows explorer, click View > Options > view > select \"Show hidden files, folders and drives\".
Then copy the 3 important files to the computer that you\'re going to use.. Click yes to overwrite the old files..Once you\'re done, make sure that your drive letter has the same letter \"K\" (in my case). If not, read the sticky procedure..Lastly, closed Hoster and open, and you\'re done.. Hope, this helps..I\'m still working on a complete procedure of this process. For the meantime, try it. It always work for me..Remember, Your hard drive should have the 3 Folders (Kma, Vcd and Hoster files). I recommend to save your song database on a usb drive (HD is not expensive anymore) So, this are the key element of this process...HD drive letter should match...
Hoster files should replaced the files on target computer. That\'s it and if I miss anything, pls. let me know..FYI, all of my friends that has hoster are using my database..And also, remember this will overwrite the target computer files so if you made changes on the target computer, that will be replaced..Thanks everyone....
For duplicating my Hard Drive, I used Alwaysync program..
For editing songs before importing, I used Bulk Renaming Utility..
Thanks again...enjoy your karaoke...