View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2002, 04:41 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TraxMasterDJRob
Yeah, CB is ok, for the price. But Sound Choice is worth the extra $$. You know the saying "You get what you pay for"
If you look at my post you would have seen I put quality as reason to go with Chartbuster. And CHartbuster and Pocket songs are the only ones replacing damaged discs at cost of shipping and handling. So if you want to pay for a disc that in x amount of years will be useless to you forcing you to pay full price to replace it because you can't back it up. Go ahead. I gues you have money to burn. I for one would have to have a very strong reason to even consider buying SOund Choice (I.E. they are the only ones who have come out with a particular new song that no has- and I am willing to wait four months to make sure it's worth it before I buy it and even then I have to see it in action at another bar to decide whether it is worth getting.)
Any customer that comes in and says I have to get the SOund choice version can buy it themselves and bring it with them as far as I am concerned. There are better versions of certain songs that Sound Choice has on other manufacturers anyway. Down With the sickness by Disturbed is one that I'm glad I don't have the Sound Choice as it leaves out most of the song. Yesterday by the bealtles is another I'd rather have a different version- The Music starts playing in the second part of the first verse in a karaoke player. I know I have the version and have tried it in a Pioneer 760, v-10, and a JVC single tray. All three plays the audio as if it is stuck in left position even though I have specifically hit the multi-plex button to the off position- The position that should be playing Stereo. These Karaoke Players with Multi-plex functions do not use true stereo when the Multi-plex is off.
ANother example of a better verison of songs made by some other than SOund CHoice is Shameless by Garth Brooks, The SOund choice version cuts out the ending while the Radio Starz and the Chartbuster versions both give you the full song. So I have taken the standing that I am willing to be behind everyone else in getting songs jsut so I can get the best version available. If it is SOund Choice okay but it better have other songs that I need on my system or I'll just go Pop HIts instead.