View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2002, 01:41 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

What a pity DK Karaoke went out of business. Their backing was usually superb (although in a few cases the guide was a little too prominent for my taste) and their graphics were very clear. Some of their discs are still available, but they are hard to find.

Sunfly make me very cross! They usually provide a truly excellent sound track, but then spoil this otherwise praiseworthy production with wrong lyrics for which one frequently has to wait. It's so sloppy, as if they have spent all their care on providing the music and the lyrics don't matter. Well I think they do. Someone has spent a lot of time (and probably sacrificed a great deal of hair) getting them right. A song is just a tune without the words.

Essential Karaoke is quite impressive these days, and very reasonably priced. They have improved enormously in the last couple of years. The tracks are excellent, usually, and the graphics are bold and clear.

I have to agree that Legend is a disappointment. Part of the Sunfly group, they share their lack of care in reproducing the correct lyrics, but their sound track is not of the same high standard as Sunfly.

Priddis is excellent, and it was from them that I bought my first compilation. I was also able to choose multiplex or not. The tracks are good and the lyrics graphic quite acceptable.

I hope my fellow members out there in the world won't think that I must be an MTU mole, but again I just have to praise this company. I have a substantial collection of discs, but NOT ANY of the companies display the lyrics as clearly, or in such good time as KHP. As often as not these days I will use the track from the disc I have bought and re-do the graphic. Although I was a professional singer at one time my husband has only been singing a few years (he's very shy). He, along with many, many people NEED the lyric there ready to sing; it unnerves him when he has to wait for it and he misses his cue. Well done MTU. Yet another point in your favour.