View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:18 PM

SB Live

Quote:
Originally posted by gduns
I had to check the spelling myself and you are right. I was spelling it the way the techs pronounce it here. I would suggest against the soundblaster live and for the Audigy either 1 or 2 simply because some motherboards have had problems with the "Live" card. I have one such motherboard at home that the soundblaster live is not compatible with. it's a gigabyte, but I understand there are others that have a compatibility problem with this card.
I will agree with you, I also had problems with the SB Live on three different computer. Creative made so many different model of that card that it's no surprise that it will have some problems!

Most of the problems I had was with the EAX software and the Creative Player/Recorder. I know that the Live Value is one model that is not working properly with the latest updates.

I would spend a little more an get at least the Audigy1 and that card is not supported on the Microsoft Update site so this way you will be certain to have the driver coming from Creative!

Regards