View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:00 PM
VIP

Re: Can't move .bin file(s) to Microstudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
You can import tracks from files (tracks) already contained in the computer including .Bin files in Microstudio 4.24 so my first question to you is which version are you using ?

As I tried this in my version 4.24 I can only explain the steps using that version.

First off you must use the brows button to navigate to the folder containing the file your trying to import. Next if looking for a karaoke type file including your .bin file select the files button under the karaoke types (the first button below the brows button) Now if you don't see the file your looking for press the "Refresh button" this may be why your not seeing the file your looking for.
In your statement you say it defaults to importing from CD drive only, are you saying you can't select the files button ?
Roy,

I know this is an older post from you but I was playing around with 4.24' this morning and ran into a problem. Until this morning all my work in Microstudio involved KMA files. Originally, all my songs were imported to Hoster using cdg disks. In Microstudion I would access the kma files from the MTU/KMA folder that was established through Hoster. For some time now I have been downloading karaoke songs from various manufactures as mp3+g. When I import them into Hoster I do so by using the KMH method.
Here is my problem. I can't get Microstudio to recognise any file accept the kma files. If I use the browse button to select a folder with the mp3+g and kmh files and then hit refresh I get a pop up that states: can't find any mp3+g, cdg or bin files. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Surely I don't have to convert all of my files to KMA to use in Microstudio do I? I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Walt

Whoops, I think I found my problem since posting above. I have a folder that I named 'Master Karaoke", with sub-folders that are named by manufacturer, i.e. "Karaoke Versions", "Sunfly", etc. I have to select the sub-folder in order to load any particular song files. I cannot just select the the file "Master Karaoke". In Hoster we are able to select the master folder and check the box to include sub-folders when importing files. Apparently there is presently no way to do this in Microstudio.....bummer!

Walt

Last edited by WaltR; September 12th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.