View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2008, 12:22 AM

I posted that I keep my backup on the external and I do. I don't even take it with me. I have all my music on the PCs. Right now, I am running two laptops and two rack mounts. Have more disks and dupes than any person should have. I only run, 6,650 DJ songs, and 8,620 KJ songs. It runs just fine on my weakest system a Gateway 160gb laptop with Vista, and only 2048 Ram. Keep Hoster and Hoster Search open. Windows Media Player, My DJ Music files and a search DJ window open. Thing is I've kept records on singers and researched all my DJ and KJ music and only keep what is being used and songs that made the charts then or now. I could likely drop down to 2000 of each and get along just fine. But once in a while.

Thing I'm trying to say is for an external, yeah keep it around and in your database for quick access. But you don't need it for a show if your running a fast PC with at least 100gb hard drive. I have got a myriad of music in both, but I just don't get that much call for Holiday music or I lost my heart in San Francisco.

Since I've leaned up I get more folks singing and less time looking through my books. I take less time to arrange a DJ stack file to play. I went through Wikipedias search for discography to delet also rans and indicate top songs by renaming them with a number 1 in front of the song. Makes it easy for my DJs to just type in a number 1 in their search and pick DJ songs from that list. After that they take requests and get along just fine.