View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2002, 02:54 AM

Question

This topic is just what I am looking for! Here's my story: I currently do karaoke at home, and have been for the better part of 10 years. I used to go to clubs quite a bit, but that slowed down because of my job, having to get up in the morning anywhere between 3-5am sometimes 7 days a week for long stretches at a time. I have since been layed off, and given time will be called back. In the mean time I have some fairly decent equipment, and not too bad of a song library, roughly 1300 songs, of course there are some doubles. My player: 3disc JVC, speakers: Peavey TLS5, mic amp: Fender SR6325, and Shure SM58 mics (no switch), all of this equipment is less then 6 months old, purchased new by myself. I would like to start doing some shows in public. My question is on the music. My current library consists of songs that myself, friends and family sing. Mainly 50's, 60's, 70's, Elvis, and country. My thought is that I lack new rock, hard rock, and some of the newer country. I am looking at puchasing the DK Millenium set which has some 1700 songs, which would again double some that I have (expected). Now I have found the Sweet Georgia Brown set which is cheaper by about $1100.00, but only has 1100 songs. What kind of quality is Sweet Georgia Brown that could make it that much cheaper? I have resigned myself to the idea that to build a decent library I have to buy a whole new set to get a good price as opposed to putting together my own set. Your thoughts on this please! Also any other thoughts or ideas based on what I have told you. Sorry for rambling, your input is appreciated! kwoozn......