View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Re: Report Hoster 5.02 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrowolski View Post
ok version 5.02.07 installed fine but .08 still has the same problem and the same **** error message arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mike, it helps if you can provide us with the error message text, instead of pure emotions. We can use the facts to help isolate and solve the problem. We suspect the message included "is_mtu.dll", which is our code to communicate with our web site during registration. Without any clue to your error message text, we are assuming this in our diagnosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Slater View Post
I am using Windows 7 home edition. Also checked the downloaded file and it is 24.3MB. I uninstalled the previous version and tried to install the newest (.08) and still get the same error. I then installed the previous (.07) and installed fine.
We had to re-install the program we use to create the Hoster Installation file you download. We suspect that re-installing it disabled a required component, possibly "is_mtu.dll". We used the identical "hoster.exe" code from 502.07, so we know that's not the problem.

We're on it this morning.

We released 503 Beta 2 last night, hopefully the last beta version. We must solve this installation problem before releasing 503.08 (or .09 if we skew to next month).