View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:03 PM

Re: New place to gig on Thursday, but Sun/Tue. bar owner doesn't seem to like the ide

Hi billyo

The conflict was stated in an indirect way by the proprietor to Bryant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
He goes on to say that he thinks now that there is another place for his Sunday and Tuesday crowds to attend the same thing on Thursday's down the street, that it spreads out the wealth a little thin, as some of his crowd may choose to go down the road on Thursdays instead of coming to his bar #1 on Sundays or Tuesdays, therefore, possibly shringking his take a little. Sort of "spreading things out too thin", and it would be only fair that if this being the case, that I should be paid a little bit less at his place (bar #1). Let's see how it all plays out, he says, and in the future we may have to have another conversation and talk about this.
What is going on here, and have you guys run into this sorta thing at all? What would you suggest I might say to him if we ever do have "that other conversation"?
Lets look at this in a different way and suppose Bryant doesn't get a deal with bar #1 and everything goes good at Bar #2 and his people go there to see Bryant which cuts into the profit of bar #1, what kind of eyes will see Bryant then?

Remember it's only one night.

And yes just like you I think Bryant should get compensation by Bar #1 and Bryant should give an opportunity to an offer.

Good Luck,
Joe....